This was my studio set up using the UWE small studio space for shoot 1 & shoot 2. As you can see from the size of the tank, I didn't need a lot of space but it was also difficult to keep the table and backdrop clean, I wanted the backdrop spaced away from the tank to avoid ink splatters so kept it on the back wall and brought the table forward slightly, keeping the tank on a bin liner to avoid spillages on the white card placed on the table surface. The overhead soft-box light was placed to light the tank from above so that it would light the whole tank and ink evenly, however looking back I could have experimented with another soft-box flash light to the side of the camera, lighting the tank from the front angle. The camera was placed on a tripod to enable full stability and the photographs were taken using a shutter release remote. However, this was quite a difficult process as there was a delay in the shutter release once I pressed the button the remote so I had to time the droplets of ink according to the delay of the shutter release and flash. It took a few attempts to get into the hang of it and time everything together and eventually worked out well. I eventually pulled the tank closer to the camera until it was a few inches away from the lens so that I could release the shutter on the camera itself in order to capture the shots faster than the remote did. The bin liner underneath the tank eventually became an issue as it caused a reflection on the tank and showed the contrast against the white backdrop behind the tank. This was especially difficult when inserting the black ink as you could see the reflection of myself and the camera on the front of the tank.
This was all experimentation that was adapted through future shoots and I corrected my mistakes along the way.