Tuesday, 10 April 2018

SHOOT PLAN 4

Location: Small still life studio set up in my conservatory.

Equipment: Nikon D5500, 18-55mm lens, two soft box flash lights, one overhead flash light with white umbrella, tripod, fish tank

Purpose: For this photo shoot I want to experiment with a variety of flowers and colours to help symbolise depression, capturing the blues and blacks that my mum identifies with and portraying these onto flowers she likes - rhododendrons, lilies and tulips. Combining the colours with the flowers will symbolise how mental illness effects her and surrounds her mentality, becoming overwhelming and suffocating at some points.

Influence: Charles Emerson and Marcel Christ will influence this photoshoot. I want to capture the depth of colour from both the ink and the flowers inside the tank, I want to produce detail inside the 'clouds' of ink just like Marcel's photographs and the detail of the leaves and petals that is shown in Charles' work.