In this photo shoot I moved up to a larger fish tank which allowed me to photograph with more space around the flowers. This also allowed the ink to move around more freely inside the tank, meaning there was more time to photograph the ink dispersing. I am really pleased with the outcome of this shoot and the variety of colours and flowers I experimented with. After coming up with an easier technique of holding the flower up inside the tank with metal discs and transparent wire, this made my photographs look professional without random props trying to keep the flower afloat, it also meant that post-production editing was smoother as I only had to edit out the wire, sometimes it wasn't even noticeable. I wanted to focus on the colours black and blue as I was representing depression and these are the colours that my mum most identifies depression with. Therefore, I experimented with different kinds of flowers with these inks to get a varied outcome. I also experimented with other colours such as green, yellow and pink to get a different perspective against the white tulips. These images are successful but they don't relate to the type of theme I am working towards when representing mental illness.



