This was the first photoshoot I completed with a studio set up in my conservatory, I used the black backdrop to begin with and without any studio lights as the natural light was so bright. However, this showed up all the marks on the tank and the creases in the backdrop which would've been too difficult to edit out post-production. It was useful to experiment with the black backdrop and natural light to realise that it's not an option that would work well with this sort of photography. I then thought I would experiment with a white backdrop and natural light, which worked better but didn't provide enough light to create a dramatic effect. For the final images I used all three studio lights, two on the backdrop and one above the tank which worked really well to light everything evenly. The photographs aren't my best work but as I was new to photograph in this environment, it took some time to experiment with my surroundings and get the lighting right according to the colour of the ink inside the tank. I am pleased with the last images of the Rhododendrons and the black contrast against the pink of the petals, it casts a shadow over the flower, suitably symbolising depression and the dark pit that people sometimes feel like they're in.




