Monday, 9 April 2018

INK IN MOTION

Macro Room - YouTube
I was referenced this video by one of my course members and it perfectly captures the type of images I want to produced with flowers and ink. The slow motion captures the ink falling onto the surface of the flowers and falling off the petals. Although they have presented a short film jumping between slow motion and normal pace, I want to capture the 'motion' in my photographs and the movement of the ink falling through the layers of the flowers.
This is a strong influence on my work and I will take some of their techniques on board, such as using thinner and finer syringes to inject the ink into the water, getting a more detailed 'cloud' of ink inside the water tank that you wouldn't get with a thicker syringe.
As the flower in my work will represent my family members with mental illness, I want to use a variation of colours in order to emphasise the delicacy of the flower and how life can be surrounded by many obstacles in life but we still remain grounded and undamaged once all the distractions have passed.