Wednesday, 11 April 2018

PRINTS FROM SHOOT 4

These are the best images from my 4th shoot using the studio space in my conservatory, they contain a large variety of colours and flowers because I wanted to experiment with tulips, daisies, rhododendrons and lilies. The black ink suitably represents depression and how it casts a shadow over the flower, symbolising the cloud of depression hanging over a person's mind. I also experimented with green, yellow and pink and although they look visually pleasing, they are not fitting with the theme of this project. However, I would like to include them alongside my final prints as they show the variety and versatility of my experimentation. The flowers are vibrant in colour and this strongly represents the vibrance of life before it is affected by mental health conditions. The way the ink falls through the flower demonstrates how mental illness affects the state of mind, but eventually if falls to the bottom of the tank, releasing the flower into a clear atmosphere. These visuals symbolise how mental illness affects a person's mentality for a while but eventually they overcome and come out more vibrant and colourful than they were before.