Wednesday, 14 March 2018

PRINTS FROM SHOOT 2

These are the final images from my second shoot in the small studio at UWE, there's definitely an improvement from my first shoot, my confidence was stronger in the second shoot and my techniques were more advanced in this shoot compared to the first shoot where everything was a bit fiddly and complicated. In this shoot I knew where I had to position the tank and how far to centre the focal point (although some are still out of focus) as the shoot goes on, the images get stronger. I also experimented more with colour in this photo shoot, mixing some together in pairs and three's to test out which colours would work better alone or in a mixture. I am more pleased with the images with multiple colours as it adds more emotion and tells more of a story. The images of the blue and yellow could perhaps represent BPD (in my eyes) and the colours that I think represent multiple personality disorder. To me, the blue and the yellow contrast together well and provides elements of calmness but also anxiety and worry. The way they lye together but don't blend into one shows the different sides of someone's personality and how they can be so close yet not mix with the other one.
The last photograph of orange and black represents the anger and depression built into one, they mingle together as one big emotion and eventually take over each other into one murky colour - just as depression is expressed with anger and darkness, and how people can feel lots of emotions at once. My images in this photo shoot represent mental illness well however, I want to keep experimenting with colours and add in some props to submerge in the water that add sentimental value to my subjects with mental illnesses so that it represents them inside the tank. This can be done with an object of theirs that's special to them or it can be symbolised with flowers or plants.