Tuesday, 13 March 2018

SHOOT PLAN: 1

LOCATION: Bower Ashton, Small studio, table top still life

CAMERA: Nikon D600, 105mm lens

EQUIPMENT: Table top surface, white paper backdrop, overhead soft-box flash

PURPOSE: To photograph acrylic ink injected into a water tank and experiment with the pressure of applying ink into the water with syringes and record the effect it creates into the tank, enhanced by an overhead flash. This is something I have always wanted to experiment with photography and pairing these images with portraits will increase my ability to use mixed mediums with portraiture.

PHOTOGRAPHERS INFLUENCE: Marcel Christ is a strong initial influence that I was fascinated by for this project, his images are strong and controlling, they tell a story about emotions and moods which works well for the theme I am working within. The colours represent different feelings and this technique will strongly represent the mental illnesses I am focusing on.