Thursday, 15 March 2018

PLAN FOR PORTRAIT SHOOTS

For my project proposal, I possibly want to produce portrait images to go alongside my still life photographs that correspond with the ink and colours inside the water tank. These portraits can either be of the models themselves or a proxy model representing them, keeping my family members anonymous. These are a few ideas for portraits that I could experiment with. Paint could be spread across the models face, corresponding with the colour of the ink in the still life photograph, painted on or dripped on in a similar shape/movement as the water tank image. This will put a face to the emotion and capture how the model feels and looks with this type of mood. I could be more subtle with it and just add slight colour or make up to their face to match the colours of the still life, like eyeshadow or eyeliner - however I feel as if this would be irrelevant as it doesn't match with the emotion portrayed inside the water tank and would look odd as an individual image. Lastly I could try painting their faces completely, disguising their identity with a variety of colours, again corresponding with the colours in the still life image. 

This doesn't stand out as a strong idea for this project, but it was one of my ideas through the process. The models that I am focusing on might feel too exposed and vulnerable when having their portrait taken and I don't want to put them in an uncomfortable position when their mental conditions are exposed. Also using a proxy model wouldn't make sense as it would be falsely directing emotions and moods on a model that has no relevance with the subject matter.